Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Karachi, Pakistan will host The first Conference and Exhibition on Indonesian Palm Oil (CEIPO) 2018 on 6 September 2018.
The event will consist of conference and exhibition simultaneously, where the conference will have various prominent speakers from the palm oil stakeholders in Indonesia and Pakistan while the exhibition side is going to showcase the palm oil-related associations and companies from Indonesia and Pakistan.
“We hope CEIPO 2018 will be a good start to enhance collaboration and cooperation in palm oil industries between Indonesia and Pakistan,“ Consul General of the Republic of Indonesia in Karachi Totok Prianamto said (4/9/2018).
The “Pakistan-Indonesia Collaboration on Palm oil-based Industries” – themed conference aims to spark discussions on the way forward of cooperation in palm oil industries between Indonesia and Pakistan. CEIPO also aims to start the exchange of ideas on possible joint investment in making additional values from palm oil products.
The conference will feature 10 high-profile speakers form Indonesia and Pakistan:
- Iwan Suyudhie Amri, Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia to Pakistan;
- Mahendra Siregar, Executive Director of Council of Palm Oil Producing Countries (CPOPC)/former Chairman of Chairman of Indonesian Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM)/Special Advisor to Foreign Affairs Minister;
- Totok Prianamto, Consul General of the Republic of Indonesia in Karachi;
- Joko Supriyono, Chairman of Indonesian Palm Oil Association (GAPKI);
- Dono Boestami, President Director of the Indonesian Oil Palm Estate Fund (BPDPKS);
- Puspo Edi Giriwono, researcher pf Southeast Asian Food and Agricultural Science and Technology Center (SEAFAST) – Bogor Agricultural University;
- Naheed Memon, Chairman of Sindh Board of Investment (SBI);
- Abdul Rasheed Janmohammad, Chairman of Pakistan Edible Oil Conference (PEOC);
- Abdul Waheed, Chairman of Pakistan Vanaspati Manufacturers’ Association (PVMA);
- Dostain Khan Jamaldini, Head of Gwadar Port Authority.
Meanwhile, the exhibition side is going to showcase the palm oil products and its derivatives from various Indonesian and Pakistani companies and association. The companies and association that have confirmed their participation are Sawit Indonesia (a joint participants from GAPKI, BPDPKS, and Indonesian Oleochemical Producers Association/APOLIN), Apical Pakistan, Waheed Group, Sharjah Cooking Oil, and Dalda Foods. ***