BPDPKS Promotes Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil to Stakeholders in Pakistan

0
373
Direktur Utama BPDPKS Dono Boestami (kedua dari kiri) menyampaikan paparan pada Conference and Exhibition on Indonesian Palm Oil (CEIPO) 2018 di Karachi, Pakistan, (6/9/2018).

President Director of the Indonesian Oil Palm Estate Fund (BPDPKS) Dono Boestami held presentation on Indonesian sustainable palm oil at a conference attended by Pakistani businesspeople and palm oil stakeholders.

The presentation was delivered at the Conference and Exhibition on Indonesia Palm Oil (CEIPO) 2018 in Karachi, Pakistan, (6/9/2018) that was hosted by Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Karachi.

Attendees at the “Pakistan–Indonesia Collaboration on Palm Oil-based Industries” themed conference included Indonesian Ambassador to Pakistan Iwan Suyudhie Amri, Chairman of Council of Palm Oil Producing Countries (CPOPC) Mahendra Siregar, dan Chairman of Indonesian Palm Oil Association (Gapki) Joko Supriyono.

In his presentation, Dono talked about palm oil industry and its contribution to national economic development. He said, palm oil production has contributed to economic benefits such as government revenues, employment, raised incomes for smallholder, and poverty reduction. “Million Indonesian people make a living from palm oil so that it is important to eradicate poverty,” Dono said.

He also presented that BPDPKS has been playing important role to develop sustainable palm oil in Indonesia, including to disburse funds for plantation development, build human resources capacity, increase plantation’s productivity, develop biofuel, and so on.

On plantation side, BPDPKS has been disbursing grants for smallholder farmers to replant their old oil palm trees in order to increase productivity.

Pakistan is one of major market for Indonesian palm oil export, ranked fourth after India, European Union, and China. About 80 percent of Pakistan’s palm oil need is imported from Indonesia and the rest, 20 percent is imported from Malaysia. By this year, Indonesian palm oil products and its derivatives export have reached US$22,9 billion. About US$2 billion of them or 10 percent was earned from Pakistan.

CEIPO 2018 is a forum initiated by Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Karachi to spark discussions on the way forward of cooperation in palm oil industries between Indonesia and Pakistan. CEIPO also aims to start the exchange of ideas on possible joint investment in making additional values from palm oil products.

Meanwhile, the exhibition side is going to showcase the palm oil products and its derivatives from various Indonesian and Pakistani companies and association, including form Sawit Indonesia (a joint participants from GAPKI, BPDPKS, and Indonesian Oleochemical Producers Association/APOLIN), Apical Pakistan, Waheed Group, Sharjah Cooking Oil, and Dalda Foods. ***

TINGGALKAN KOMENTAR

Tulis komentar Anda
Tulis nama anda disini